The Government of the Republic of Kosovo has approved preventive measures following the confirmation of positive cases with Coronavirus COVID-19Prishtina, 15 March 2020 - The Government of the Republic of Kosovo has held numerous and extraordinary meetings, following the confirmation of positive cases with Corona Virus COVID-19, whereby took decisions on the following preventive measures:
- Closure of land borders for travellers entering Kosovo, this does not apply to Kosovo citizens. All Kosovo citizens entering in country through these borders will undergo additional medical check-ups, whereby will be ordered to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- From 16 March 2020, at 24:00 hrs, all flights of Prishtina Airport airlines will be suspended temporarily, except for military flights and medical emergency/evacuation flights (MEDIVAC). Exemption from this measure are arrival crew-operated air flights, but without passengers, serving only for departure of passengers from Kosovo.
- Termination of the suburban public transport in the Republic of Kosovo, as well organized international transport, effective immediately (13 March 2020);
- Reduction of essential action and essential staff in every public institution, except of the health and security sector;
- Private companies are ordered to organize their work in a way so employees perform majority of their duties from home;
Recommendation: All citizens in Kosovo are urged to avoid crowded places and to adhere to all measures taken by the Government, and recommendations given by the National Institute of Public Health of Kosovo.
Furthermore, on 12 March 2020, the Government established a Special Commission for Prevention of the Spread of Corona Virus COVID-19 in Kosovo led by the Prime Minister Albin Kurti and composed of heads of key relevant institutions of all levels. While, on 15 March 2020, the Government of Kosovo approved the decision to declare an Emergency for Public Health.
For further updates, please refer to the National Institute of Public Health of Kosovo (https://www.facebook.com/IKSHPK/ or http://niph-rks.org/) or the Office of Prime Minister (https://kryeministri-ks.net/).